Friday, September 10, 2010

NY Fashion Week & FNO!!!

I love my school, I am so glad I chose to come here to Academy of Art University. Why, you may ask? Well, because every time I think I realized why I loved it I am pleasantly surprised by some new tidbit I learn about all the wonderful things offered to students. Take tonight for example; the few chosen talented MFA Fashion Design students will be showing their senior collections on the prestigious runway at Bryant Park tonight at 5 pm! Yes, that's right. STUDENTS from AAU will be showing their full collections on the same runway as William Rast, Rag and Bone, and LAMB. There is a live streaming of the show at 5 if anyone happens to see this post beforehand! (I knew i should have posted earlier, sorry!)

And then to make the evening just THAT much more fashion oriented, Neiman Marcus downtown is hosting Vogue's Fashion Night Out and there is special recognition of AAU students doing demonstrations and showcasing work! 2 fabulous designers have had the chance to disply some of their work in the stores front windows for all passerby's to see. It's beautiful (post pics later). I am so excited to see where my schooling takes me (bryant park, anyone?) and what sort of opportunities come my way.

Doors and windows are both open, lets hold on to our seats people! Promise to post pics from the night soon (I think Im going to jump back up on the personal blogging train, I've been a bystander for some time now, I want to share too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment